The City of Love
Where better to celebrate Valentines day than the city of love? Paris is a tourist attraction that brings millions of people each year. Here are 5 things you must do in Paris.
1. The Eiffel Tower: The Eiffel Tower is the most visited paid for monument in the world. It attracts almost 7 million people a year. It can be enjoyed from afar or you can pay to go up to the top to see the view of the city.
2. Visit Versailles: Learn about the reign of King Louis XIV through his palace created in the mid 1600’s. This estate consists of beautiful gardens, the famous hall of mirrors, and rich history that led to the French Revolution.
3. Tour the Louvre: The Louvre is considered to be the top art museum in the world. It is home to the famous Mona Lisa and other famous pieces such as the Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory of Samothrace, and Liberty Leading the People. It is also known for its captivating glass pyramid entrance.
4. Eat at a local bakery: Paris is full of wonderful places to eat. Find a local bakery where you can eat croissants, baguettes, or a delicious macaron.
5. Take pictures by the Arc de Triomphe: This arch is considered to be the most famous arch in the world. This arch was built in the early 1800’s in honor of French soldiers. It has a neoclassical architectural style with incredible details.
No matter what time of year you go to Paris you will find yourself enchanted by this classy city.